Your privacy is critically important to us. At Paseo de Palomas, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We store personal information that allows Park Management to perform their duties.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather and use your personal information.
- All information we have is intended for Paseo de Palomas residents, ONLY.
- We do not share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Our mission is to provide tools and information to Paseo de Palomas residents, Park Management, and the Board of Directors that adds value to our living at Paseo de Palomas.
- Our websites (including paseodepalomas.org and paseodepalomas.com);
- Our mobile applications (including the Paseo de Palomas mobile app for Android and iOS);
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from two sources: if and when you provide information to us (your name) and data entered by Park Management and Office Personnel. Let's go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
Basic account information: We ask for your name and phone number in order to set up your account. Park Management or Park Office personnel will enter your name and phone number into our database so that we can maintain our Park Directory.
Other information: Park Management and the Park Office will enter certain information about you, your space, and your coach. This includes the property tax assessed values received from the County Tax Assessor for each space.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online applications and web sites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the site pages visited in order to assess the usability and usefulness of the pages. We use this information to provide our Services to you and to get insights on how you use our Services so we can make our Services better.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may use this information to validate and ensure that no person is using our Services that is not a resident of the Park.
- Information from cookies & other technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on websites and emails. We do not use or store cookies.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We do not collect any information from you from other Sources.
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service, and verify resident information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and find useful.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of Park residents, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services for a non-resident.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
How We Share Information
We do not share information about you with anyone other than authorized users of the applications. For example, we may provide a report to the County Tax Assessor for the purpose of updating their tax rolls.
Information Shared Publicly
Information about you, your space, and your coach, such as property tax and sales data, is not shared publicly. Only Paseo de Palomas residents have access to the information. Only Park Management and Park Office personnel have access to the entirety of such information.
How Long We Keep Information
We archive yearly property tax and coach sales information so that we are able to refer back to such historical data as needed.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
In California, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it. The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the â€œcategoriesâ€ of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law, so, here it is. We collect the following categories of personal information from California residents:
Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your usage of our Services);
Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
As a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
Opt out of any sale of personal information; and
Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Note that we do no collect any third party information, nor do we sell or share any information with anyone other than Park Residents, the County Tax Assessor, our Corporate Attorney, and our Corporate Auditor.
Contacting Us About These Rights
You may contact us through the Park Manager.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Google Analytics provides analytics services for our own information. This information allows us to track site usage to detect problem areas, improve usefulness and usability of the site.